7 Things to check out before you instruct a solicitor to deal with your claim.
- October 10, 2014
- Comments Off on 7 Things to check out before you instruct a solicitor to deal with your claim.
If you have had an accident and need legal representation you need to make sure that you are in safe hands; you have already had injury – you don’t need the insult of an incompetent lawyer.
To make sure that you get the quality legal service you deserve check out the following:
2. Make sure your solicitor has experience of dealing with claims like yours; solicitors have a tendency to claim to be experts in ALL fields, speak with them and make sure they know what they are talking about.
3. Are they members of such organisations as Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) or AvMA (actions against medical accidents).
4. Do they carry the quality kitemark of Lexcel – this shows that they have been thoroughly and independently vetted to ensure that they have appropriate systems and checks and balances in place to make sure that your claim is handled in a responsible and effective manner.
5. Is there a complaints procedure in place? no-one is perfect and if something does go wrong you want to know that it will be dealt with effectively and correctly with a full review and investigation and not just swept under the carpet.
6. Do they offer a No Win-No Fee arrangement with regards to the funding of your claim, if they ask for money up front then ask why this is required and what other forms of funding may be available to you.
7. Get personal recommendations from family and friends as to who they have used in the past; this is a useful indicator as to how you will be treated.
Remember this is your case and it is your decision as to who you instruct to act on your behalf
Cohen Cramer Solicitors have the experience, knowledge and skill to deal with your claim. For your initial consultation to see how we can help you on a No Win-No Fee basis get in touch with us today.
Call: 0113 224 7830
Cohen Cramer Personal Inujry Team