Victims of violent crimes can claim an award from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). Cohen Cramer Solicitors can give you advise, help and assistance with bringing your claim to the CICA.
If you have suffered injury, either physical or mental, or loss as a result of a violent crime in the past two years then we can help you with the recovery of damages from the CICA on a No Win-No Fee basis.
The CICA is a government funded body that makes payment to the victims of violent crime; the money comes from the government not your attacker and they will not be told that you are making a claim. We are experts at dealing with the CICA and have helped hundreds of people claim the compensation they deserve.
If you have been the victim of violent crime, whether it be an attack in the street or prolonged abuse at home then we can help you claim compensation from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority.
You can seek compensation if you have been the victim of:
- A physical assault either by a stranger, acquaintance or member of your family.
- A sexual assault either by a stranger, acquaintance or member of your family. (male)(female).
- A fleeing criminal, e.g. if you were knocked over by a shoplifter running out of the shop.
- A violent crime being committed at your place of work.
- Shock as a result of an assault to a close relative or loved one.
- Trauma-induced epilepsy.
There doesn’t have to been a conviction or even an arrest for you to be able to claim compensation just as long as the CICA accept that, more likely than not, you were the victim of a violent crime.
To qualify for compensation you must:
- have been assaulted in the past two years
- have reported the matter to police promptly
- been to your doctors or hospital with your injuries
- not have been in any way to blame for the assault.
Your injury doesn’t have to be life-threatening or long-term for us to assist you and our telephone interview service allows to assist with minor injuries with a minimum value of £1,000.00.
- call: 0113 224 7804 (24 hours)
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- pop your details into the contact box at the bottom of this page and we will get back to you
For the Quality Legal Service you deserve.