Postmen who suffer a bite from a dog can claim for compensation and damages for their injury and losses
If you are a postman then there is a far greater chance that you will be bitten by a dog. Even the most minor of bites can lead to stress and upset as well as any physical injuries you may suffer.
Being a postman does not stop you from making a claim and you are entitled to claim compensation and damages for your injuries and losses.
As a postman you are a lawful visitor onto the property and premises you are delivering to and, as such, the occupier has to make sure you are safe and do not suffer injury, harm or loss while you are there doing your job. This includes making sure that you are not attacked or bitten by their dog.
We will look to claim damages and compensation arising from the incident to ensure that you are put in the position you were before the incident. We will look to claim:
- Compensation for your injuries, both mental and physical
- Treatment costs, this can be both psychological such as cognitive behavioural therapy and/or reconstructive or plastic surgery for any scarring
- Lost income due to the injury
- Care and help provided by family and friends while you are recovering
- Clothing and other property damaged in the attack
- Any other losses resulting from the attack.
If you would like to have a chat to see if, and how, I can help you just call or email me; there’s no charge or obligation; just someone who knows what they are talking about and will help you if they can. So if you need to know where you stand and whether you can make claim get in touch:
- Call: 0113 237 9617 (24 hours)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We can deal with your claim on a ‘no win-no fee’ basis; this means that if you win your case you don’t pay us a penny and, if for any reason, we are unable to claim compensation for you then you don’t pay us a penny. There is no risk in bringing your claim with Gartons Solicitors.
For the quality legal service you deserve.