You can make a claim for a bite from a police dog.
If you have been bitten by a police dog you make a claim for compensation and damages for your injuries and losses.
The recent stories in the press highlight the amount of compensation paid out to the victims of bites from police dogs and, if you have been a victim of a police dog bite you are entitled to claim and we can help you.
Payment is usually made to non-offenders who are bitten as the dog is being used to search for and apprehend another party however suspects and offenders can claim compensation if the dog restrains or holds the suspect in such a manner as to cause serious harm. Dogs should only restrain a suspect by holding on to the suspect’s upper or lower right arm. It is not always possible for a dog to do this and being bitten anywhere else does not automatically mean you have a claim but if you are lying on the ground offering no resistance and your legs are badly mauled then you stand a good chance of a successful claim.
Past cases where a successful claim has been brought include an elderly gentleman who was bitten on the ankle when attending to his allotment and a youth in Brighton who had part of his ear bitten off.
If you are a victim of a police dog bite you can claim compensation and damages for:
- Injuries and scarring – both physical and mental
- Lost income caused by time off work for recovery and treatment
- The cost of any treatment or reconstructive/plastic surgery you may need
- The cost of any clothing or property damaged in the attack
- Care provided by family and friends while you are recovering
- Other losses arising directly from the attack.
If you have been the victim of a police dog attack then call me, Mike Massen to see if we can help you claim the compensation you deserve.
- Call: 0113 237 9617 (24 hours)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pop your contact details in the box on the right and we will get straight back to you.
Your claim can be dealt with on a ‘No Win-No Fee’ basis meaning that you won’t have to pay us a penny regardless of whether you win or lose your case.
For the quality legal service you deserve.