Making Your Claim
If you have suffered injury and loss as a result of an accident involving a taxi whilst travelling as a passenger, you are entitled to seek compensation and damages to cover your injuries and losses.
As a passenger in a vehicle, then it is likely that you will have been an innocent victim of the accident.
Depending on the circumstances of the accident, your claim will be brought against either the taxi driver`s insurers or the insurers of the driver of any other vehicle involved in the collision, in the event they caused the accident.
It is very important that you obtain the registration number of the vehicle you were travelling in at the time of the incident. Most taxis are insured independently by the owner of the vehicle rather than under a group policy covered by the taxi company.
Some insurance policies will only cover the vehicle if the pick up was pre-booked. If the driver is not licensed to pick up passengers who have not pre-booked, and that driver goes onto cause the accident, the vehicle will not be insured. In this case, you would need to make a claim to the Motor Insurers Bureau under the Uninsured Drivers Agreement.
Irrespective of whether there is insurance in place or the matter is dealt with by the Motor Insurers Bureau, we will ensure that you receive every penny you are due.
What You Can Claim
We will seek to recover compensation not only for your injuries but also all and any financial losses that you may sustain.
This can include:
- lost income, both past and future, due to a need to take time off work for recovery or treatment;
- the cost of any treatment or medication required on account of your injuries;
- incidental costs such as travel cost for treatment;
- care provided by family and friends (this is known as gratuitous care as payment is received for such even though you may not have made any payment to the person who has cared for you);
- any other financial losses arising as a direct result of the incident.
Instructing Cohen Cramer Solicitors
While the liability aspect of a claim involving a taxi may be straightforward as to who is at fault it is not always as straightforward when it comes to the recovery of your losses. For this reason, you need to ensure that you instruct experienced lawyers with the expertise and knowledge to ensure that you can receive the compensation that you deserve.
Start Your Claim Today
Cohen Cramer solicitors have the necessary expertise and we are able to deal with your claim on a no-win, no fee basis.
To see how we can help you claim, get in touch with us today:
- call: Mike Massen on 0113 224 7804 /07793 812361 (eve and w/ends)
- email: email@example.com
For The Quality Legal Service You Deserve.