Procedures in place to support continued delivery of services in light of COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Cohen Cramer's office is currently closed in accordance with government advice. Key staff can operate remotely in order to minimise any disruption to our service levels. We will still be contactable via telephone and emails.

Fumes and Gas Inhalation Claims

Advice and Assistance from Cohen Cramer

Fumes and Gas Inhalation Claims: You can claim compensation if you have sustained injury and loss as a result of inhaling chemicals or gases at work, and Cohen Cramer Solicitors can help you claim the compensation that you deserve.

The inhalation of toxic substances and chemicals can have an immediate and long-lasting impact on your health and well-being.

Claiming for fume and gas inhalation 

Gases such as methane and carbon dioxide (in excessive levels) can cause nausea, fainting and impairment of the senses and faculties. Other gases such as chlorine and ammonia can cause instant distress and damage to the lining of your nose if inhaled, and cause a burning sensation in the nose and mouth.

Whatever the cause of your chemical or gas inhalation injury, here at Cohen Cramer we can help you claim the compensation you deserve.

To get your claim started or to have a chat to see what we can do to help, get in touch with us today:

  • call: 0113 224 7830 (24 hours)
  • email:
  • pop your details into the contact box at the bottom of this page and we will get back to you

Chances are we can deal with your claim on a no win-no fee basis so if your claim fails you won’t have to pay us a penny for the work we do on your behalf.

Causes of accidents involving fume and gas inhalation

Your accident may have occurred as a result of :

  • your employer’s failure to provide you with adequate or appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
  • spillage of a noxious substance by a colleague
  • damaged plant allowing the gas to leak (a lot of the toxic gases are odourless and colourless)

Fumes and Gas Inhalation Claims

What can you claim?

Cohen Cramer Solicitors are experts at dealing with such matters and can help you claim compensation for your injuries and financial losses:

  • compensation for your injuries is known as ‘General Damages’ and is based upon the extent of the injuries and their effect and impact upon you and your life
  • compensation for your financial losses is known as ‘Special Damages’ and includes:
    • loss of income as result of injury, treatment and recovery
    • cost of any treatment required such as physiotherapy, prescription costs etc
    • equipment required for treatment and to aid mobility if your injury is severe or debilitating
    • professional care costs if required
    • gratuitous care from family and friends
    • any prejudice on the job market (known as a Smith v Manchester award)
    • any and all other financial losses such as lost pension etc.

Start your claim today

To make sure that you receive all the compensation that you deserve get in touch with us today:

  • call: 0113 224 7830 (24 hours)
  • email:
  • pop your details into the contact box at the bottom of this page and we will get back to you

For the Quality Legal Service you deserve.