Victims of violent crimes can claim an award from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). Cohen Cramer Solicitors can give you advise, help and assistance with bringing your claim to the CICA.
If you have suffered injury, either physical or mental, or loss as a result of a violent crime in the past two years thenwe can help you with the recovery of damages from the CICA on a No Win-No Fee basis.
The CICA is a government funded body that makes payment to the victims of violent crime; the money comes from the government not your attacker and they will not be told that you are making a claim. We are experts at dealing with the CICA and have helped hundreds of people claim the compensation they deserve.
If you have been the victim of violent crime, whether it be an attack in the street or prolonged abuse at home then Gartons can help you claim compensation from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority.
You can seek compensation if you have been the victim of:
- A physical assault either by a stranger, acquaintance or member of your family.
- A sexual assault either by a stranger, acquaintance or member of your family. (male)(female).
- A fleeing criminal, e.g. if you were knocked over by a shoplifter running out of the shop.
- A violent crime being committed at your place of work.
- Shock as a result of an assault to a close relative or loved one.
- Trauma-induced epilepsy.
There doesn’t have to been a conviction or even an arrest for you to be able to claim compensation just as long as the CICA accept that, more likely than not, you were the victim of a violent crime.
To qualify for compensation you must:
- have been assaulted in the past two years
- have reported the matter to police promptly
- been to your doctors or hospital with your injuries
- not have been in any way to blame for the assault.
Gartons Solicitors are experts in helping victims obtain the compensation they are entitled to and the compensation they deserve.
- We helped a young lad who had been mugged recover £11,675.00 to compensate for his loss of smell following an original offer, from the CICA, of £2,175.00.
- We recovered £24,460.00 for a victim of rape, this allowed her to rebuild her life and return to college to continue her studies.
- We recovered a £10,000 interim payment on a claim that we have had reopened; the original claim was finalised in 2002. We eventually settled the claim for £168,000.00
Your injury doesn’t have to be life-threatening or long-term for us to assist you and our telephone interview service allows to assist with minor injuries with a minimum value of £1,000.00.
For the majority of matters we take on we will send an agent to see you and to go through all the paperwork with you so that we can progress your claim as quickly and smoothly as possible.
If you have been the victim of a violent crime or assault we can help you claim compensation from the CICA. Contact Gartons now:
- Call: 0113 237 9617 (24 hours)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete: the ‘help me’ form on the right
For the quality legal service you deserve.