If a family member or loved one has suffered injury and, as a result, you have suffered shock, stress and worry then you may be entitled to claim an award from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA).
This is known as a claim for a secondary victim.
There are a number of conditions that must be met before an award is made to a secondary victim but the most important ones are:
- you must be a witness to the attack or at the very least a witness to the immediate aftermath
- there must be a reasonable connection of family ties and love and affection between you and the victim; you cannot claim if you simply come across a victim lying in the street
- you must suffer a diagnosed condition as opposed to just suffering the natural reaction of distress one would feel if a loved one was assaulted
To get your claim started or to have a chat to see what we can do to help, get in touch with us today:
- call: 0113 224 7804 (24 hours)
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- pop your details into the contact box at the bottom of this page and we will get back to you
For the Quality Legal Service you deserve.