Liposuction, the removal of excess and unwanted fat from below the surface of the skin, can be carried out for either medical or cosmetic reasons. Whatever the need for surgery, the procedure should be carried out in accordance with strict professional guidelines; failure to do this can lead to complications and illness. Cohen Cramer Solicitors can help you claim the compensation that you deserve.
As a procedure liposuction is not meant to be a way of simply losing weight. It is intended to reduce fat deposits in areas where body fat tends to accumulate such as the thighs, abdomen and buttocks in women, and the waist and chest in men.
Side effects can include:
- Bad bruising
- Inflammation of the treated areas
- Thrombophlebitis – this is an inflammation of the veins and is common inside the knees and on the inside of the upper thigh when these areas are subjected to the procedure
- Swollen ankles where the legs or ankles are treated
Side effects are expected and may not be actionable. To be successful with your claim it is necessary to show that your procedure was carried out in negligently and resulted in a condition that should not have arisen.
This can include:
- Post-operative lumpy and uneven results
- Bleeding under the skin
- Numbness in the treated areas
- Changes in skin tone and loss of feeling in the treated area; this may occur when using high frequency vibrations to disturb the fat cells.
- The clotting of blood within a blood vessel known as thrombosis
- Build-up of fluid in the lungs known as a pulmonary embolism
- Damage to internal organs
We will look to claim not only for your pain and suffering but also all and any financial losses that you may have incurred as a result of the treatment such as time away from work for treatment and recovery.
For your initial assessment get in touch with us today:
- Call: 0113 224 7804
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request a call back using the form at the bottom of this page
For the Quality Legal Service You Deserve
Your claim can be dealt with on a no win – no fee basis so that if your claim is not successful you will not pay us a penny for the work we have done on your behalf.