Your Degloving Injury Claim
If, as a result of the negligence of a third-party you have sustained a degloving injury then we can help you claim the compensation that you deserve.
A degloving injury is one whereby the skin is effectively peeled away from the underlying tissue severing its blood supply. As well as the immediate and extreme pain that can result from such an injury, the long-term implications can be equally destructive with the possible need for extensive plastic surgery, physiotherapy, occupational therapy and other appropriate treatment.
A common cause of a degloving injury is when the hand or another limb is caught by force and dragged at low velocity. In road traffic accidents, this is can be caused by the tyre of a vehicle running over the outstretched limb. Another common type of degloving injury occurs in an industrial setting where the hand or another limb has been caught in a conveyor belt or roller belt which may have a rough surface pulling the skin.
What Can You Claim for Your Degloving Injury?
Whatever the cause of your accident, we can help you claim not only the compensation to which you are entitled, but also ensure that you receive the required and appropriate treatment to help your recovery.
In addition to the compensation for the pain and suffering and any subsequent disfigurement or scarring, we will recover your financial losses.
For the majority of claims, these may relate to the following:
- lost income to include time from work for recovery and any treatment you may need;
- payment in relation to any prejudice on the job market you may suffer as a result of your injury (known as a Smith v Manchester award);
- the cost of any treatment you may require as a result of the accident;
- any other financial losses arising as a result of the accident.
Starting Your Degloving Claim
We have the expertise, experience and knowledge to make sure that you claim is dealt with a thorough and efficient manner. We will liaise with the appropriate experts to make sure that you receive both the help you need to recover from the injury and the damages you deserve.
We deal with most claims on a no win, no fee basis so if your claim is not successful then you won’t have to pay for the work we have done on your behalf.
To see how we can help, get in touch with us today:
- call: Mike Massen on 0113 224 7804 (07793 812361 eve and w/ends)
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- fill in the contact form at the bottom of the page and we will call you back
For the Quality Legal Service You Deserve