Eye injury when plastering: One of the most serious yet frequent accidents on a building site is damage to the eye as a result of being splashed with a caustic solution such as plaster.
The result of such an incident can be very serious with threat to the livelihood and permanent damage to eyesight.
Regardless of the reality on building sites, it is good practice to wear goggles when plastering. If an employer fails to ensure that goggles are worn then they can be held liable for any resulting injuries. They may seek to claim a reduction in any award on the grounds that the individual should have themselves sort out and used the pair of goggles however this cannot fully negate their responsibility.
If you have sustained damage or injury to your vision as a result of this or similar incident we can help you claim the compensation that you deserve.
Cohen Cramer solicitors are able to deal with your claim not only in a professional manner but also on a no-win no fee basis. This means you get the benefit of our knowledge and experience whilst at the same time there is no risk to you if your claim is not successful.
What you can claim
We would look to recover not only compensation for your injuries but also any financial losses you may have incurred.
This can include:
- lost income as a result of time away for work for recovery and treatment
- the cost of any treatment or medication you may require
- the cost of alterations and amendments to your car and home if the injury is particularly severe
- future losses if your injury is going to prevent you from working or functioning at full capacity in the future
- prejudice on the job market (a Smith in Manchester claim) so that if you were to lose your current job any difficulty you may have inviting subsequent work would be compensated
- care and assistance provided by family and friends even if you didn’t pay for their assistance; this is known as a gratuitous care claim
- any other financial losses resulting from the incident
Start your eye injury claim
To see how we can help you clean the compensation that you deserve get in touch with us today:
- call: Mike Massen on 0113 224 7804
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- contact form: pop your details in the contact form at the bottom of this page and we will call you straight back