Sunbed and Tanning Compensation Claims. Like most aspects of the beauty industry, the provision of sunbed sessions is unregulated and may result in unqualified and untrained personnel supervising your treatment. In addition, there are no regulations that govern the repair and maintenance of sunbeds. A sunbed compensation claim reflects the fact that tanning injuries can be painful with burns and blisters being the most common result of negligent use or faulty equipment
Your sunbed compensation claim
If you sustain an injury as a result of sunbed use Cohen Cramer Solicitors can help you make a sunbed compensation claim. We will recover compensation for your injuries and losses and do so on a no-win no fee basis.
The sunbed may have been in a tanning studio, your local gym or spa. Regardless of where it is located, those providing the service owe you a duty of care to ensure that it is safe to use and that it is used in a safe and responsible way.
The salon should, in order to ensure your safety and well being:
- ask you to complete a medical form on your first visit to ensure that you do not have a condition that may be adversely affected by the tanning treatment.
- provide information on the safe usage of the equipment with regards to how long the session should be and the appropriate intensity.
- provide you with goggles to protect your eyes from the UV light produced during the treatment.
There are set EU regulations as to the amount of ultraviolet light that can be emitted by a sun-bed and the output of your sun-bed should be clearly marked. You should also be given full safety advice based upon the frequency of use, your skin type etc.
Injuries from negligent sunbed use
Injuries from the incorrect use of a sunbed or tanning facility can include:
- premature ageing of the skin (known as photo-ageing) leading to wrinkling, laxity, and disturbances of pigmentation distribution;
- burning to the skin leaving scars, discoloration, or blemishes;
- damage to your eyes caused by overexposure to UVA light;
- development of melanoma (skin cancer).
If you are thinking of bringing a claim we would strongly recommend that you take photographs of your injuries over their recovery period. Such images will be very helpful when it comes to proving fault as well as the value of your claim.
Tanning injections are becoming more popular in the UK. This procedure involves a synthetic hormone often called Melanotan I or Melanotan ll being injected under your skin to stimulate the production of the pigment melanin in your skin cells and to heighten the appearance of looking tanned. Both of these types of hormone are unregulated and these injections can cause serious side effects if administered by untrained or unqualified staff.
Side effects and possible injury include skin cancer, kidney failure, skin infections, nerve damage, abscesses, or blood infection.
What can I claim?
We would look to recover compensation for your injuries resulting from the negligent treatment. This will include any obvious pain and suffering and scarring. As well as physical injuries we will also claim compensation for any mental trauma that may arise as a result of your injuries
In addition to claiming compensation for your injuries we will also look to recover:
- the cost of any treatment/follow-up work required as a result of the negligent procedure
- the cost of the original procedure that caused your problems
- lost income arising from time off work for recovery and/or treatment
- all and any other financial losses resulting from the incident.
Start your claim today
For expert advice on sunbed and tanning compensation claims get in touch today:
- Call: 0113 224 7830 (24 hours)
- Email: email@example.com
- Enter your contact details into the contact box at the bottom of this page and we will get right back to you.
For the Quality Legal Service You Deserve