If you have sustained injury and loss as a result of falling through a manhole or drain cover we can help you claim compensation and we can do it on a no win-no fee basis.
The cover may have been part of the fabric of the pavement or it may have been on private land you were visiting, such as a supermarket carpark. Whatever the circumstances, you are owed a duty of care by those responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the cover.
If it can be shown that they have breached that duty you can make a claim. This duty of care is owed to both pedestrians and cyclists.
As well as claiming for your injuries we will also claim for all and any financial losses arising from the accident. This can include:
- Lost income for time off work as a result of injury or treatment
- Treatment costs such as physiotherapy/long term care if needed.
- Out of pocket expenses such as medication etc.
- Gratuitous care and assistance from family and friends.
- All losses arising from, and as a direct result of the accident.
- Any future prejudice you may suffer on the job market as a result of your injury – this is known as a Smith v Manchester award.
If you have been injured as a result of a missing or collapsing manhole cover we would strongly recommend that you take some photographs of the accident site as soon as possible after your accident as they may be useful as evidence in support of your claim.
Your claim can be dealt with on a ‘No Win – No Fee’ basis, this means that if for any reason you are not successful then you don’t pay us a penny for the work we have done.
To get your claim started, or to have a chat to see what we can do to help, get in touch with us today:
- call: 0113 224 7830 (24 hours)
- pop your details into the contact box at the bottom of this page and we will get back to you
For the Quality Legal Service You Deserve.