If you have suffered injury and loss as a result of an accident while riding pillion on a motorbike then you are entitled to claim damages. We have the knowledge and experience to make sure you recover the compensation you deserve and to which you are entitled.
Your claim can be dealt with on a No Win-No Fee basis so there is no financial risk to you if your claim fails.
As a passenger you are likely to be the innocent victim and so, regardless of whether the accident was caused by the party riding the bike or any other vehicle, you can claim for your injuries as well as any financial losses.
Your financial losses can include:
- Damaged clothing and personal effects such as mobile phone, crash helmet etc.
- Loss of income as a result of time away from work to recover, or for treatment.
- The cost of any medication or treatment that you may require. It doesn’t matter if the treatment is available on the NHS, you can still have recover the cost of private treatment from the defendant’s insurers
- Professional care costs if required.
- Care received from family and friends. If your injuries are severe enough to require help from non-professionals you can recover compensation for the help received regardless of the fact that you have not paid for it. This is known as ‘gratuitous care’ and can be an important part of your claim if your injuries leave you incapacitated for any length of time.
- Travel costs incurred for treatment or examinations.
- Prejudice on the job market if your injuries are so severe so as to put you at a disadvantage if you need to find another job at some time in the future; this is known as a ‘Smith v Manchester’ Award
- Adjustments and improvements to your home and car if such is required as a result of the severity of your injuries.
Motorbike accidents can result in serious injuries requiring long periods of rehabilitation and treatment. We appreciate this and therefore consider all aspects of your injury. We make sure that if you need treatment then that will be our priority. We will liaise with the other side’s insurers to make sure that this is arranged as soon as possible. Also, we know that money can be an issue if the main breadwinner is not able to work. We will therefore whenever possible look to obtain interim payments pending the final settlement of your claim.
You have three years from the date of the accident (your 21st birthday if the accident occurred before you were 18) to institute court proceedings, however the sooner you bring your claim the better as evidence can disappear and witnesses recollections can fade causing problems when you do bring your claim.
To get your claim started and to see how we can help you get in touch with us today.
- Call: Mike Massen on 0113 224 7830
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pop your details in the contact box below and we will get straight back to you
For the Quality Legal Service You Deserve