News and Updates

Cohen Cramer: No Win - No Fee Injury Specialists

Unsafe Equipment: Military Claim

  • December 3, 2020
  • mmassen
  • Comments Off on Unsafe Equipment: Military Claim

Unsafe Equipment: Military Claim. The MOD has a duty of care to ensure work equipment is safe and suitable for use.  Occasionally, things do go wrong resulting in service personnel suffering injuries that can be life-changing.  Examples of equipment failures can include vehicles, personal equipment and clothing, body armour, weapons, and many more.

We know how difficult it can be to make a decision to pursue a claim for negligence.  We will deal with your claim with the utmost care and sensitivity.  Nobody should be injured as a result of failures in kit or equipment as such injuries are entirely preventable. At Cohen Cramer Solicitors we have many years’ experience in pursuing compensation claims for service personnel.

When to Claim

In the event of an equipment or kit failure, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and any financial losses which result from it.  We have access to the best rehabilitation providers and medical experts nationally and will ensure your needs and rehabilitation are at the forefront of any claim.  We will seek early interim payments for you and ensure that any adaptations, such are equipment needs or changes required in your home are identified from the outset.

What you can claim

You can claim for your “General Damages” which is compensation for your injury (pain, suffering, and impact on your day to day living).  The courts assess the amount of suffering an injury has caused you based on the Judicial College Guidelines and previous cases decided by the senior courts.

You can also claim for “Special Damages” which is compensation for your financial losses which may include wage losses, career losses, loss of congenial employment if you have to give up a career you love due to an injury.  Additionally, you may be able to claim for loss of overseas and operational allowances, pension losses any many more.

We will always strive to ensure you receive maximum damages for the injuries and losses you have suffered if you can establish the MOD are at fault for your injury.  You can also make a claim under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme (“AFCS”) which is a “no-fault” scheme set up to compensate victims of injury whilst in service.  Any payment from the AFCS will need to be abated (or deducted) from any civil claim as you cannot be compensated twice.

Need help? Get in touch today

If you wish to pursue a claim for injury then please contact Diane Davison on 0113 2247837 for an informal chat.  You can contact Diane via email at

We offer a truly “no win, no fee” service which we can discuss with you.  A link to the firm’s website which has further information on bringing a claim for a military injury claim can be found here

Comments are closed.